The HPA V181 was developped with the target to enable ultimate transmission quality for low, medium and high-impedance headphones.
These headphones may also be balanced versions !!
So, HPA V181 is the first balanced headphone amp manufactured in series and coming from Germany
Due to its specific, variable, low-noise and low-distortion circuit design especially optimised for dynamic headphones, the HPA V181 fulfils even highest demands.
Low-noise: because of low internal gain. Therefore the self generated noise from the amplifer is not audible.
High output voltage: in balanced mode !
High output power: because of powerful amplifiers able to deliver much more current a headphone needs. Therefore best suited for low impedance headphones and even magnetostatic cans !!
High damping factor: through lowest output impedance. Therefore best suited for full control even over critical headphones with the garantee to have flatest possible response.
- Balanced inputs with gold-plated Neutrik XLR connectors
- Unbalanced inputs with gold-plated ALPS cinch connectors
- switchable unbalanced outputs with cinch connectors
- optional USB input 16 Bit / 48 kHz or 24 Bit / 96 kHz
- PRE-GAIN= switchable input gain in five steps
- Independent-channel design
- DC-coupled (switchable)
- ALPS RK27 High-Grade volume control
- High-Quality op-amps in the signal path
- High-quality MKP capacitors in the signal path
- 0.1 and 1% metal film resistors throughout the unit
- 4 amplifiers with BUF634
- 1 balanced headphone output, Neutrik 4-pin, gold plated
- 2 silver-plated Neutrik headphone outputs
- Relay-based headphone output cutoff
- Toroidal transformer
- Large filtering capacitors in the power supply
- Switchable ground lift
- Rugged aluminium case with Nextel coating
- Solid, laser-engraved aluminium front panel
The four built-in amplifiers provide balanced operation of headphones !!
Connection is made via 4-pin Neutrik XLR connectors.
Two ìstandardî headphones may be connected via 1/4" jacks on the front panel.
Case and back panel are made of aluminium and are Nextel coated.
The 8 mm frontpanel is black. The labeling is laser engraved.